Sunday, July 04, 2010

Summary of England's Performance against Germany

I have been looking for some way of summarising my view of England's Performance against Germany in the World Cup. But every time I attempted to do so it descended into an unprintable rant.

Fortunately Grahame LJones of the LA Times in his article:
There's no disputing that England deserved its loss to Germany
has come to my rescue with the following:
The sad truth of the matter is that England's players, with few exceptions, are an arrogant, ignorant and unpleasant lot. They are paid far too much by their Premier League clubs, where their true allegiance lies, and their ability individually and collectively in an England shirt does not match their swagger.
Excellent Grahame Thank You Sir!

His comments on British Tabloids are also worth reading,

A final note, as those you can be bothered to read my ramblings know, I consider myself British not English and believe in all sports the National Team should be made up of Players from all parts of the UK and not individual teams from the 'Home Countries'.

No comments: