Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Sympathy is reserved for the Victims of Raoul Moat.

I have to admit to being in total agreement with Prime Minister David Cameron's Comments in Parliament:
'It is absolutely clear that Raoul Moat was a callous murderer, full stop, end of story. I cannot understand any wave, however small, of public sympathy for this man. There should be sympathy for his victims and the havoc he wreaked in that community. There should be no sympathy for him.'

My sympathies are reserved for:

1. The little girl he assaulted (who didn't get much Justice).
2. For the family of the Man he Killed,
3. His ex Girlfriend
4. Policeman he shot and Blinded
5. For the Children he fathered, because they will have grow up with stigma of his actions.

But for Raoul Moat, I will only say it is probably for the best he took his own life.

As for Facebook and the tributes to this evil Man, I think the following lifted from the BBC Comments and posted by the Elizabethan neatly sums it up:

The sympathy of those misguided few,

Who hero-worship troubled souls anew,
That quite forgot his former sentence served,
That he attacked a child is quite absurd!

Yet what be more important to this crowd,
The price of freedom that it be allowed,
That he did shoot a policeman in the head,
Be of more worth than innocent men dead.

The question I have are these sad and probably sick people who had adopted Raoul Moat as a Hero also going to express sympathy to those whose lives he destroyed? I doubt it...


No comments: