Russell Brand voted the world's fourth most important thinker This is NOT an April Fool 'Joke':The Telegraph has run an Article on the fact that a certain Russell Brand has been voted the world's fourth most important thinker by Prospect an apparently respectable Intellectual magazine!
Having triple checked it was not April Fools day and because I hadn't time deciding that having a lie down in a darkened room was not an option I read the article again (wasting more of my free views over a total Dill Brain) and found that the top three were:
1.Thomas Piketty, French economist.
2. Yanis Varoufakis, Greek finance minister.
3. Naomi Klein, Canadian author.
4. The Arrogant, Self Centred, Loud Mouthed, Dill Brain (NO not me, R. Brand)
5. Paul Krugman, US economist.
6. Arundhati Roy, Indian writer and activist.
7. Jurgen Habermas, German philosopher.
8. Daniel Kahneman, US-Israeli psychologist.
9. John Gray, UK philosopher.
10. Atul Gawande, US surgeon and writer.
Applying even the word Thinker to Russell Brand is an oxymoron, to put him the same list as any of the above is an insult to them and sadly proves that; He who shouts a lot about issues he has only a vague, passing knowledge of, is considered a Great Thinker and Intellectual, proves that the Human Race is in devolution, not continuing evolution.