Monday, November 22, 2010

Vote Unite sorry I meant Labour - NO WAY.

Unite, the Union that owns the Labour Party, sorry I mean contributes, the most to the Labour Party has voted as Leader one Comrade, I mean Mr Len McCluskey, who still quotes Communist guerrilla leader Che Guevara (which would be quaint if he wasn't so powerful) and believes there is no such thing as an irresponsible strike! It is also apparent he still espouses the agenda of the Militant Tendency which in the 1980's set out infiltrate Labour Constituency Parties with the objective to moving the Party much further to the Left. Overall he reminds me of the most Militant and Destructive Union Leaders of the 1970's and that is an extremely bad thing for the average Unite Member, future of Industrial relations, the Labour Party and most importantly the Country.

I had hoped that Bob Crow of the RMT was the last throwback to that era to make it to the leadership of a Union. Sadly I was wrong.

As Unite is the Labour Parties biggest backer and regardless of how the party spin it, a major unelected influence on their future direction, something that I have always felt was a concern. Now with Len McCluskey leading Unite, I think they will be unfit for election to Government for the foreseeable future.

The only bright spot is I shall no longer even have to bother reading their Election Literature, whether for Council Election, Bye Election, or their Manifesto for a General Election, because with his brooding influence, however worthy their Candidate they won't be getting my Vote.

No comments: