Friday, December 10, 2010

Students Protestors, no Criminal Vandalising Hooligans

Actually I am being unfair, firstly only a proportion of the student protestors in London actually were involved in the attacks on People and Property. However far too many of those non-involved seemed to have found these actions at least in part acceptable and only a tiny minority tried to stop it.

Also I think I am being slightly unfair to Vandals and Hooligans, who are locked in a world with little future and lack the ambition and/or intelligence to escape from it. Whereas those involved in the Mob Violence in London are supposed to be well educated, bright people who will make a positive contribution in the future.

Well I hope those who participated in the Vandalism and Violence discover their future is blighted not only by being brought to justice and having a criminal record and a really hefty fine,  furthermore, if they are indeed students being excluded from their current university, or college and banned from attending any other in the UK for life. 

For the small number who attempted to stop the Vandalism and attacks, I salute you as it was a brave thing to do. Whilst Policing of the Protest may draw criticism (and it wouldn't matter how it was policed there would be criticism), the Police Officers on the 'frontline' who faced the Mob deserve the highest praise and once more they took causalities in the performance of their duties.

However in general the 'Students' have lost the last smidgen of my sympathy for their plight and as a tweet I received put it: After the childish behaviour today/tonight if the govt had another vote tomorrow the fees would go up to £12k. A view I can understand, but probably in time I won't totally agree with.

No comments: